Cyclists take to our streets for the traffic-free event.
Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride is back - one of the largest free non-competitive cycling events in the UK.
The four routes range from 9 to 38 miles and involves people from all ages, giving them the chance to cycle around some of the city's most popular routes without any traffice.
The four routes are:
Family Fiesta (9 miles) - Start Time: 10:30am
A popular family ride suitable for families with young children, or people who just want to enjoy the beautiful Avon Gorge. The ride goes out along the Portway and back to Harbourside.
Avon Gorge Loop (14 miles) - Start times: 09:50am and 10:10am
Takes in the spectacular scenery of the Avon Gorge before turning through Shirehampton village, across Avonmouth Bridge and back to the Harbourside.
Sustrans Ride to Portishead (24 miles) - Start time: 09:20am
A flat, family-friendly loop ride to Portishead, returning on the traffic-free Pill path to the Harbourside.
Clevedon Challenge (38 miles) - Start time: 09:00am
Heads along the Portway and over the M5 bridge cycle path to Pill and Portbury, along the Gordano Valley to Clevedon, then through Brockley Combe, Barrow Gurney, Ashton Court and back to the Harbourside.
This years event is part of Bristol's Big Green Week 2012 - The UK's first ever International Festival of Environmental Ideas, Arts & Culture.
- Anchor Road – lane restrictions from Canons Way to Jacob’s Wells Road 07:00 -1600
- Canons Way 07:00 - 16:00. Access permitted for residents and car parks only (exit via Explore Lane).
- Hotwell Road – lane restriction from jnct. with Jacob’s Wells Road to jnct. with Merchants Road 07:00 - 16:00
- Hotwell Road (jnct. The Portway to jnct. Cumberland Basin) 0700 - 1400
- Bridge Valley Road (entire length) CLOSED
- A4 Portway (jnct. Hotwell Road to Sylvan Way) 07:00 - 14:00
- A4 Portway – lane restriction from jnct. Sylvan Way to jnct. West Town Road (outbound) 07:00 - 14:00
- Merchants Road (Junction Lock Bridge) 07:00 - 15:00
- Brunel Lock Road (jnct. With Smeaton Road to jnct. with Merchants Road) 07:00 - 15:00
- Brunel Lock Road (entire length) lane restrictions 11:00 - 16:00
- Smeaton Road (entire length) 07:00 - 15:00
Alternative route details
- Canons Way - no alternative
- Portway - Sylvan Way, Shirehampton Road, Westbury Road,Hotwell Road, Blackboy Hill, Whiteladies Road, Queens Road,
- Cumberland Basin Road, Triangle South, Berkeley Place, Jacobs Wells Road, Hotwell Road, Merchants Road.
- Bridge Valley Road - no alternative required.
- Junction Lock Bridge - Humphry Davey Way, Brunel Way, Ashton Road.
- Brunel Lock Road - no alternative.
- Smeaton Road - Macadam Way, Brunel Way, Winterstoke
- Underpass, Brunel Way, Brunel Lock Road.
More from Bristol's News